Monday 5 September 2016

Jessamyn Stanley's Yoga for Every Body




As you may have guessed, I am a yoga fanatic.  My yoga journey started in earnest around 3 years ago when I was 61 years young.  I had dabbled and dipped my toes in the water since I was in my mid- twenties, starting off teaching myself with Richard Hittleman's fabulous book, "Richard Hittleman's Yoga 28-day Exercise Plan" which amazingly is still available from Amazon.

I have since gone on to become a yoga teacher myself, doing a course with Heather Elton in Goa - a magical experience indeed.

I am most impressed by those people who practice yoga despite not being the typical young and beautiful, slim, supple stereotypical yogis and yoginis and I take my hat off to them.

One such yogini is the inspirational 98-year-old yoga teacher, Tao Porchon-Lynch.  Wow, she's also a brilliant dancer.

Another is Jessamin Stanley who, despite being on the 'curvy' side, is an inspiration to all.

You can find her website here and she has lots more videos on You Tube.

Enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment